Check yourself - do you still have the enthusiasm for working out, just like when you first got on board? If your motivation is wavering and your workouts are started to feel more like a chore you're dreading rather than something you look forward to, here are some tips to get you out of the rut:
1. If you normally workout solo, try working out with a buddy or a group! All that sweat and positive energy is bound to get you re-focused and re-energized :)
2. If you are sick and tired of pounding the pavement/treadmill or swishing away on the elliptical or bike, look to other sources for great cardio! Try a workout DVD like TurboFire or Insanity, or do some hill sprints or go to your local high school and do stadium runs!
3. Weight-training seems too slow or boring? Try some new equipment (switch out dumbbells for kettlebells, for example!) or try a whole new approach, like Crossfit!
4. Music-listeners, when was the last time you added some new tunes to your playlist? Sounds simple, but it could be all the difference for you!
5. Along those same lines - whatcha workin' out in? Baggy sweats and oversized t-shirts? Invest in a couple quality, nice looking pieces....something you're comfortable in, but that shows what your hard work so far has done!
There! Feel better? Refocused and ready to attack your next workout?? YES - we thought so! Now get out there and kick ass!
Lindsay and Timothy