A little update about what's been going on in the last couple of months:
- We found out "Nugget" is a BOY!!We had the Anatomy Scan at 20/21 weeks, and he was such an ornery cuss!! He had his back to us, would occasionally look over his shoulder and show his face, but wasn't showing us the goods! After some coaxing and prodding, the tech was able to get a view looking up between his legs and IT'S A BOY!! We are so excited!!! Part of me occasionally frets about what if the tech was wrong and it was really a foot or something (even though the logical part of me is pretty darn certain that's clearly boy parts! lol
- We moved - 3 minutes up the road, but a move nonetheless! While we enjoyed the tiny, old farm cottage we were renting, it was tiny and old, and generally not a safe environment for a baby to be crawling around in. The current house we are renting is much more baby-friendly and we are settling in nicely!
- Around 22 weeks or so, the belly POPPED in a big way! This is when I could look at myself and be like "Yep, that doesn't look like I just ate too much anymore, that's clearly a baby in there!!"
|Little bump at 20 weeks|
|POW! 4 weeks later, hello pregnant belly!|
- Still not having any truly negative symptoms of pregnancy!! I pulled an ab muscle around 19 weeks and that was uncomfortable/slightly painful, but after taking it easy (i.e., no workouts) for a week, I was back to normal! Still no sickness.....I can feel my body adjusting and changing, but none of it is uncomfortable. I'm okay with my big belly, but these big ol' boobs are a whole other animal!! They are huge, which makes me self-conscious at times, but I tell myself that it is hopefully a sign that I'll be able to breastfeed and that's an amazing positive! :)
- Nutrition is pretty normal. I was an eater pre-pregnancy and I'm still an eater now!! :) My food choices haven't really changed much at all. I was fretting over the scale in the early 2nd trimester, but I've stopped weighing myself at home (only gets done at my OB appointments now) and I feel MUCH better.
- Working out has been fun!! I have been regularly working out 6 days a week and it makes me feel strong and like I'm prepping my body for labor!! Crossfit, jogging, TurboFire, etc. - doing all the things I did pre-pregnancy, just modifying as needed (most of the modifying is just working around the belly now!)
- Our birth class began last week! We are taking a 12-week course on the Bradley Method, which is a birthing class focused on natural birth that is very partner-centered. I knew I wanted to attempt a natural birth, and the Bradley class fit best because Timothy and I do everything together, so to have him be such an intricate part of this birthing process was a no-brainer!! When people find out I'm attempting a natural birth, there is sometimes some flack, but I like to remind folks that I know and trust my body, and if plans change and I get an epidural or have to have a c-section, that I am prepared for that as well. I'm not naive, I know enough to know that stuff happens and it's best to be prepared for it all :)
Lindsay (and Timothy in spirit)