It is upon us. The last holiday until Thanksgiving. The unofficial end of summer. The latter statement alone is enough to make people react like "FTW - I'm going ALL OUT!"
Well, in case you want to know how you can enjoy yourself this weekend without completely blowing all your progress out the water....here ya go:
1. Plan ahead with your workouts. If you aren't normally a morning exerciser, consider becoming one for the weekend. Most activities take place later in the day, so if you get your workout in first thing, you don't have to worry about it anymore.
2. Don't "save yourself" for meals. You know what we're talking about - the whole "I'm going to starve all day so I can eat whatever I want at the cookout tonight" mentality. All that leads to is serious binging. Eat normally, that way when you're at the party, you aren't ravenous and mauling hotdogs and hamburgers like it's your job.
3. Keep it simple with your food. Indulge a little in what you really like/stuff you don't have often. Easy tips to minimize the impact on your waistline: no buns, go easy with the condiments, keep your serving of the creamy side dishes small, and fill up on the veggie and fruit trays if available!
4. Watch the booze. No bones about it - alcohol is nothing but empty, wasted calories! But if you want a little drink, go for the "lighter" options and be sure to follow it with lots and lots of water. Booze dehydrates you like no other...
5. Last but not least - don't forget that it's perfectly, 100%, absolutely, positively F-I-N-E to just relax and let loose a little bit! Keep a moderation mindset and it'll all be good in the hood.
We hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!
Lindsay and Timothy