Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIAW: What I Ate Wednesday




Hi all! Just Lindsay today...

Both Tim and myself follow an assortment of bloggers - from general lifestyle, to specifically healthy living, to registered dieticians, etc. etc. The "WIAW: What I Ate Wednesday" posts are always fun - I mean, who doesn't want to see what other people eat!! No? Maybe we're just weird....well if you're weird too, enjoy this post of what I ate throughout the day yesterday! Disclaimer: no fancy pics here because I don't walk around with my Nikon #iphonealltheway

5:15AM - after perusing social media messages and emails since 4:45, I'm out of bed, dressed and getting ready to head downstairs for a workout. A little preworkout to help get me going :)

 

Right before leaving for work, I make my Shakeology as my post-workout meal. This morning's was Chocolate with almond milk, fiber supplement, greens supplement, PB2, and caramel extract blended with ice to perfection! YUM!


It's about 9:15AM and I'm not hungry but know I have two meetings back to back and to avoid hunger striking during them, I go ahead and eat my morning meal. This is 85% grassfed ground beef with 1/2 cup of organic black beans.


The Shakeology and morning meal do a great job of holding me over until 12:15, then it's time for lunch! Today it's a cup of zuccini and red bell peppers (satueed in coconut oil with sea salt and pepper), 1/2 cup of Indian Basmati white rice, 4 oz of extra lean beaf round chunks, and 2 TBSP of homemade Yum Yum Sauce. *nom nom nom nom*



Afternoon snack #1 around 2ish, Greek yogurt!


Afternoon snack #2 around 3:30 (on this day, I was teaching TurboKick at 6pm, so I wanted a little something to make me satiated). 1/4 cup of roasted salted almonds with 1 oz of colby jack cheese squares.
And to get me amped up to give my TurboKick class ALL I got, a little double-espresso iced coffee with almond milk (1 serving).


Since it's a double-workout day (with my own morning workout then teaching at night), I mix up some aminos to sip on while I teach Turbo!


Once I'm back home, Baby E helps me eat this dinner of 1 cup honey-coconut roasted sweet taters, 4 oz of grilled chicken breast and 2 strips of bacon.

And for "dessert", two gluten-free buckwheat and berry waffles with a TBSP of honey drizzled on top!



See, I'm pretty normal right?! Good quality food, but nothing super strict or crazy! This came out to 2,167 calories (45% carbs, 30% fat, and 25% protein). I have to eat a lot since I burn a lot...which the foodie in me LOVES (for example, my calorie burn just for my exercising and teaching this day was 1,161 calories). I'm not saying this is how any/everyone should eat (nutrition is such a personalized thing!) but I figured it might satisfy some curiosity for some folks! :)

Also - besides the 8oz of iced coffee, the only thing I drank was water. 128 oz (1 gallon).

In Health,

Lindsay (and Tim in spirit!)
Don't forget our Facebook page is where we're most active. LIKE US!
We also post all the time on Instagram (fitwithfarrar), Twitter, and have a YouTube channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment