Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweets, my dear sweets!!

This post is ALLLLLLL Lindsay :-) I have an outrageous sweet-tooth....cookies, cupcakes, ice-cream, pie, whatever....I love it. I need it. (Okay, maybe the last part is a stretch, but I *feel* like I need it!)

Well - eating a lot of sweets is not really conducive to a healthy diet. SO - I am always on the hunt for ways to make sinfully sweet goodies without dealing with the pre-packaged, unpronounceable, fake ingredients.

I made these yesterday....and I've made them many times before!! It is definitely my go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies! They are paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free! They are gooey, moist wonderful little creatures!! NOM!

Depending on how big or small you make them, this makes approximately 2 dozen cookies!

Ingredients:

3 Cups Blanched Almond Meal/Flour
1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups of Vegan Chocolate Chips

Process:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.













3. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together.















4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat together until combined.
5. Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.













6. Stir in vegan chocolate chips.









7. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough (about a tablespoon in size).
8. Bake for 15 minutes (depends on oven, I usually do ~10 minutes....just watch them closely).



9. Let cool and serve with a cold glass of Almond Milk!!


YUM! Enjoy!!

In Health (and decadent noms),

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment